- Consultant Maxine Waters, chairwoman of the US Home Committee on Money Products and services, has invited cryptocurrency CEOs to testify at the comprehensive hearing.
- CEOs of FTX and Coinbase, Sam Bankman-Fried and Alessia Haas are on the witness checklist of executives invited to testify at the committee listening to.
- The hearing’s agenda is to maintain crypto CEOs accountable for shielding shoppers and buyers availing of their solutions.
The US Property Committee on Money Expert services oversees all elements of the money providers sector. The committee has scheduled a hearing on “Digital Property and the Upcoming of Finance,” inviting CEOs of cryptocurrency exchanges and corporations to testify.
Sam Bankman-Fried of FTX to testify on ‘Digital Assets and the Upcoming of Finance’
Sam Bankman-Fried, the CEO of FTX, a major cryptocurrency derivatives system, is a single of the important witnesses on the US Dwelling Committee on Financial Services checklist.
Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Chairman of the committee, has invited CEOs of Circle, FTX, Bitfury, Paxos, Stellar Progress Basis and Coinbase Inc. to testify at the complete listening to.
The committee’s agenda is to target on fairness, protecting consumers and investors, keeping significant economic institutions and rising tech solutions and solutions accountable for the security of consumers and traders.
Chairwoman Maxine Waters has manufactured it a exercise to arrange committee hearings and connect with upon CEOs of major fiscal institutions.
All committee hearings are dwell-streamed. In the hybrid committee listening to on December 8, CEOs and attendees will take up the topic,“Digital Belongings and the Long run of Finance: Comprehending the Issues and Positive aspects of Money Innovation in the United States.”
• Jeremy Allaire, CEO, @circlepay
• Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO, @ftx_us
• Brian Brooks, CEO, @BitfuryGroup
• Chad Cascarilla, CEO, @PaxosGlobal
• Denelle Dixon, CEO, @StellarOrg Advancement Basis
• Alesia Haas, CEO, @coinbase Inc. & CFO, Coinbase Worldwide Inc.
— U.S. Household Committee on Economical Services (@FSCDems) December 1, 2021
In hybrid hearings, customers and witnesses are permitted to participate remotely or in man or woman.
Chairwoman Waters has been an outspoken critic of cryptocurrencies due to the unregulated character of the asset. Witnesses on Chairwoman Waters’ checklist are eager on stricter cryptocurrency regulation.
Sam Bankman-Fried of FTX is in favor of tighter cryptocurrency regulation for investors. Bankman-Fried expressed his ideas on the issue in an job interview in September.