A financial emergency may have a devastating toll on you in more ways than one. So much so that if you don’t solve it, you may lose valuable possessions, leave loved ones, or end up homeless. Luckily, you can overcome this peculiar challenge and regain your happiness through lending platforms.
Thousands of borrowers use lending platforms to get emergency loans with bad credits. Imagine how life-changing it must be for low credit borrowers to borrow, repay, and finish their loans. Essentially, you can forget your horrible credit score and simply picture the satisfaction of overcoming your emergency.
At this point, the chances are that you’re already wondering how you would even begin finding the best emergency loan platforms that would cater to people with bad credits. In that regard, you’re in luck because we’ve taken our time to do the research and find out the best loan platforms for you.
Best Emergency Loans With Bad Credits (Full Review)
- MoneyMutual: Overall Best For Emergency Loan With Bad Credits
- BadCreditLoans: Best For Getting Loans At Minimum Credit Score
- CashUSA: Fast Loans For Bad Credit
- PersonalLoans.com: Get Hassle-Free No Credit Check Personal Loans
#1. MoneyMutual: Overall Best For Emergency Loan With Bad Credits
MoneyMutual has an A+ rating on BBB. It has been the go-to lender finder for millions of emergency-stricken Americans since 2010. It’s a member of prestigious financial organizations and the Online Lenders Alliance (OLA). MoneyMutual is also part of the Community Financial Education Foundation (CFEF).
With MoneyMutual, you’ll get 24/7 emergency loans and access to hundreds of online lenders willing to lend you up to $5,000 even with your bad credit score. Furthermore, you can pay back your short-term loan in months or years. You can sleep like a baby at night with the funds in your bank account.
MoneyMutual eliminates the danger of leaking your financial information. It’ll store and encrypt your sensitive financial information on industry-grade secured servers. You can locate your next lender as fast, safe, and secure as possible. At MoneyMutual, your security will always be a priority.
- Free access to many lenders: Find hundreds of available lenders around the clock. Visit MoneyMutual.com anytime to verify. You can connect with any of them in an instant. All you have to do is upload your loan application in one fell swoop.
- Fast emergency loans: Borrowers can choose between emergency loans at different rates. Due to free and unlimited access to a nationwide network of online lenders, it’s easy. Moreover, borrowers can forget about endless in-person meetings or meeting unreasonable approval requirements.
- Accessible website: Thousands and thousands of people use MoneyMutual every day. With so many options, it’s the go-to lending platform for borrowers with average and bad credit. What’s more, using the service is easy, even if you’re not a tech-savvy person.
- Direct money transfer: When you apply for a loan, MoneyMutual matches you with a lender. You can negotiate the terms with the lender and have the money in your bank account within 24 hours. From start to finish, it takes only a few hours of your time.
- Information bank: As a CFEF member, MoneyMutual can educate you about financial topics. Take advantage of the wealth of information available for you for free. MoneyMutual will never lead you astray.
- Straightforward process: MoneyMutual simplifies the application and qualification processes for beginners. Moreover, the website has simple navigation options and an intuitive design. Most of all, it doesn’t hide vital information from users. This is perhaps the best part of the service because you can use it without necessarily having to conduct research on multiple open tabs outside the website. All things being equal, you might not even need to contact the customer support for extra information.
- Connect with lenders for free
- Secure digital environment
- Ability to expand your lending network
- Power to get low-interest rate loans
- Deep industry knowledge
- Limited availability
- No arbitration service
#2. Bad Credit Loans: Best For Getting Loans At Minimum Credit Score
Bad Credit Loans is more than a lending platform. If you like, you could think of it as a financial institution.It offers a variety of loan types and provides free financial consulting to match. Furthermore, borrowers can apply for emergency loans with bad credits with ease. Bad Credit Loans caters to all Americans, especially Native Americans.
The company lets you access a variety of tribal and personal lenders. Moreover, you get to choose the best lender based on your location. If you don’t find a suitable lender, it’ll redirect you to out-of-network lenders to increase your reach.
You can use Bad Credit Loans to choose between tailored lending plans for your emergency. Even with a low credit score, you can still access a deep network of willing lenders. Bad Credit Loans has been in the lending business since 1998. Thousands of bad and average credit borrowers appreciate the company. Furthermore, they depend on it during emergencies. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t.
- Various options: Bad Credit Loans help borrowers connect with several types of lenders. So, it’s much easier and faster to find a lender with flexible payment terms. Likewise, you’ll find lenders that do a soft credit check that doesn’t drive your credit score even lower.
- Fast processing: Bad Credit Loans welcome all adult citizens to apply. Furthermore, limited eligibility requirements cut the time of applying to a few minutes. As such, you can get your emergency loan on time before the damage occurs.
- Scam protection: The company provides vital knowledge to protect you against scams. Using the library of information they have, you can learn the sneaky ways predatory lenders use to trap borrowers in debt. With this information, you can bypass bad lenders and get to the good stuff.
- Friendly to borrowers: No matter your financial condition, the company is on your side. Considering that you can find a loan at a legal APR between 5.99% and 35.99%, you’ll stay in control of your repayments. Usually, you can repay these loans within 90 days to 6 years. The quicker you pay back the loan, the lower the interest you have to pay.
- Dependable team: The customer service team will help you with your application. You can also ask for help with finalizing your loan. If you ever get stuck with financial jargon, contact Bad Credit Loans for support.
- E-signature: The borrowing process is 100% digital. You don’t have to visit local branches. You can apply, get approved, and get cash in your bank account from the comfort of your home or anywhere with good internet, really.
- Quick pre-approval
- Free educational content
- Guaranteed qualification
- Same-day funding
- Loan size between $500 and $10,000
- Long-term loans come with a high-interest rate
- Minimum governmental protection with tribal lenders
- Tribal lenders may withhold vital information
#3. CashUSA: Fast Loans For Bad Credit
CashUSA helps borrowers with terrible credit scores get fast emergency loans. Since the company puts the customer first, its policies are always in the borrower’s favor. As a borrower, you’ll find using CashUSA services pretty manageable. Even with a bad credit score and without collateral, you can apply for a short-term loan in seconds.
CashUSA matches you with the best lenders based on your information. That way, you’ll get targeted loan offers, not random offers that don’t fit you. The company will also help you in other ways. For example, they’ll help you access credit, debt relief, and debt consolidation services.
Therefore, you don’t always have to borrow money, but there are other ways to get you out of trouble’s way. CashUSA is a full-service lending platform, but they also offer other financial services.
All in all, CashUSA is your dependable lending service. Whether you want a loan amount 1,000 or a bigger loan up to $10,000, use CashUSA for quick relief. It’s one of the largest lending platforms to put you back on the track of financial freedom.
- Direct lenders: CashUSA introduces you to its network of direct lenders. So, you get to deal with direct lenders without a mediator. Thus, you can negotiate the terms as you see fit.
- Obligation-free: After you apply for a loan, you start receiving loan offers. At that point, you’re free to accept or reject them. In other words, you have time to research the lenders. You get to look into their requirements before making a serious commitment.
- Specialist lenders: Connect with qualified lenders specializing in emergency loans with bad credits. It means you’ll get more help. So, draw from their years-long experience helping low credit score borrowers. There’s a good chance you can find your way out of financial trouble faster.
- Discretion: You can use CashUSA for its discreet service. Nobody needs to know that you’re using a lending service. The agreement between you and the lender remains between you and them. If you’d like, even your family members needn’t know you’re in a bit of a financial fix and need some help..
- Quick money: In an emergency, you don’t have the luxury of time. Unless you’re preparing for a known financial setback, it can’t wait. You can use CashUSA’s lending services to get the money in your bank account fast.
- Security measures: CashUSA uses state-of-the-art security technologies to secure the application process. Furthermore, the company guarantees your privacy, so you can feel safe using the website. There’s no risk in using CashUSA; your information is as secure as a fortress.
- Opportunity to review loan terms
- Some lenders can report on-time payments to the credit bureau
- Bad credit friendly lenders
- Nationwide available lending service
- Easy to apply
- Long business history
- Improve your income
- Borrowers must have a $1,000 monthly income
- Eligible borrowers won’t always get loan offers
#4. Personal Loans: Get Hassle-Free No Credit Check Personal Loans
PersonalLoans.com offers the guaranteed way to solve your financial emergency gradually, without straining your finances any further. With Personal Loans, qualifying for emergency loans with bad credits is pretty simple. At least, you must submit a simple application, including your desired amount, credit type, and reason. Don’t limit how much you can borrow; the company will help you get a big loan up to $35,000.
Thousands of people borrow their way out of an emergency by using Personal Loans services. We read a lot of their reviews when researching for this article. Much like you, they had to look for an emergency loan platform that would help them despite their bad credit scores. What we discovered was that many of the reviewers found the Personal Loans platforms useful for exactly the reason they needed it.
- Low credit score lenders: The company provides a simple process for applying for your loan. On your behalf and with your permission, it’ll submit your information to online lenders. Then, you can choose a suitable lender regardless of your credit score.
- Local bank loans: You can get a loan from a local bank with a 580-point credit score. With Personal Loans, you can get a personal loan of up to $35,000. Bank loans have fixed rates, and you can get the money in your account the next day.
- Peer-to-peer loans: P2P loans might be a good choice for business-related loans. You’ll be borrowing from investors at a lower interest rate and fixed repayments. So, if your emergency has something to do with business profits, PersonalLoans.com is the way to go.
- Trustworthy: While researching Personal Loans, we found an overwhelming amount of positive reviews on Trustpilot. The company also earned an A+ rating on BBB. Moreover, it’s a member of OLA.
- Digitized borrowing: The whole process of applying, negotiating, and acquiring the loan is digital. At the same time, it’s secure, fast, and safe.
- Privacy-conscious: PersonalLoans.com protects your privacy by sharing limited information with third-party lenders. You can share as much or as little data with lenders before finalizing your loan agreement. Moreover, your sensitive information will be safe, secured, and encrypted.
- Borrowers with all credit levels can apply
- Guaranteed large loans with bad credit
- No penalties
- Free to request a loan
- Highly-rated financial market
- Origination fee up to 5%
- Proof of income required
- Same-day funding isn’t always available
How We Made This List
You’re already getting many offers for best emergency loans for bad credit, but you don’t know whom to trust and why. It’s near impossible to pick the right one considering they all promise heaven and earth. You don’t want to be deceived and you have limited time during an emergency.
That is why our team spent several hours putting this list together. Your financial life depends on it, so we prioritized accuracy above all else. We thoroughly researched to come up with the top lending platforms that will match you with the best lender for you.
What We Looked For
In summation, we applied more than 10 criteria to weed out the bad emergency loan platforms. We then conducted in-depth research to identify only the cream of the crop. Some of our benchmarks included:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Compliance: We ensured they followed state laws and regulations.
- Following an average 36% APR: The media cap of APR is 36%. So, we wanted to make sure you’ll get an affordable loan at that rate.
- Fact-checking lender’s claims: We compared advertising claims to online reviews and reports.
- Excellent features for borrowers: We considered the features the platforms have in place as well as the ease of use. Platforms that were difficult to navigate or lacked sorely in useful features didn’t make it to our list.
- Soft credit check: A hard credit inquiry will lower your credit score. That’s why we picked companies that promise soft credit checks.
- Hidden fees: We wanted to make sure that there are no hidden fees for using these services. They’re free.
- Transparency: We re-checked privacy policies for clarity. We specifically did this to make sure they won’t use your personal information without your permission.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB): BBB provides insight into past reviews and complaints. So, we considered them in our assessment. Brands that have poor reviews on BBB ranked lower with us and eventually got scraped off the list.
- Flexibility: We checked to determine whether monthly installments will be flexible. We also considered late fees and penalties. In this regard, the more flexible the installments, the more likely the brand is to make it to our list. Additionally, the lower the fees and penalties, the higher their chances of getting on our list.
- Same-day funding: Since it’s an emergency, we chose fast lenders for immediate financing.
- Terms of service: We checked the fine print. Complete transparency, honesty, and compliance with the Truth in Lending Act are paramount.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Emergency Loans With Bad Credits
The lending market quadrupled in size during the pandemic. With so many people losing their jobs, they’re turning to emergency loans to survive.
As such, the best online lender has become easier said than done. The reason is pretty simple: lenders can’t serve a lot of borrowers during an economic dip. Even with an excellent credit score, you won’t always find a willing lender. Even those who are willing might not exactly be the best option for you.
However, before you’re pressed for time, you might be tempted to go ahead with the first option you see. Needless to say, that’s not a very good idea. So, here are some factors to consider based on surveying hundreds of borrowers:
One of the first factors to consider is how fast the lender will approve your application. An emergency loan is useless if it arrives late. Look for lenders that will help you within 24-48 hours. Most likely, you’ll get your loan fast with same-day funding lenders.
It’s free to use lending platforms, but lenders might charge you an origination fee. That’s why the origination fee is a valid comparison point to help you choose the right lender. Furthermore, lenders may penalize you for late payments. As a precaution, look for a lender with little or no penalty.
Most states have an APR limit. Lenders may also impose the highest possible APR for bad-credit borrowers. Therefore, APR is a vital point to compare when you’re shopping for emergency loans. It’ll keep your sanity a few months ahead when you have less interest to pay.
They’re different from lender to lender. But, you’ll have to pay monthly installments regardless of the lender’s terms. You can agree to pay a higher amount if you have the means. Furthermore, you can pay the loan faster if you pay more each month. At the same time, you should be careful not to agree to pay a high amount when you know it’s not possible in reality.
In particular, small loans are faster to pay back. Why? Because the interest rate could be low with fewer monthly installments.
- Credit Score Requirements
Each lender will define what’s a bad credit score. Usually, a credit score below 580 is a bad credit score. So, lenders have different requirements. Some lenders check your credit score, and some don’t.
Credit score requirements are another vital point of comparison to consider. So, you can identify good lenders by their credit score requirements. As much as you can, compare and contrast lenders and their needs. Furthermore, do your best not to choose the first loan offer.
- Secured vs. Unsecured Loans
Know the difference. Secured loans come with collateral, an asset that a lender can use if you default on your loan. Along with co-signers, collateral can help reduce the interest rate. It also reduces the risk for the lender.
But, unsecured loans are without collateral, so they pose a greater risk. Therefore, lenders charge you a higher interest rate to mitigate the risk.
Pro Tip: If a lender asks for an “advance” or “insurance” fee before you sign an agreement, it’s most likely a scam. In other words, every penny you pay to your lender should be according to a written contract.
FAQs about Emergency Loans With Bad Credits
- What are emergency loans with bad credits?
Borrowers and lenders often confuse the emergency loan term. As an umbrella term, it describes a loan amounts range of lending products for bad-credit borrowers. Payday, online, and tax loans can be emergency loans depending on context. It also extends to include some forms of secured student, business, credit card, and cash loans. The most popular (and affordable) type of emergency loan is the personal loan. Furthermore, an emergency loan could be money people borrow from friends and relatives.
- How do emergency loans with bad credits work?
In general, people with bad credit scores face limited options when it comes to loans. But, emergency loans represent an alternative solution. People can qualify for an emergency loan despite their credit history.
Furthermore, emergency loans are somewhat expensive to get. It’s because lenders put a higher interest rate on them. It’s easy to understand why. When a person has a low credit history, they have trouble paying back in time.
Moreover, emergency loans don’t always come in large sums, ranging only between $250 and $5,000. Again, it’s because lenders can’t trust bad-credit borrowers. They refrain from lending large sums as well. In the nick of time, people can improve their credit history by paying their emergency loans on time. In the long run, they can borrow as much as they want as long as they pay on time.
- Where can you get emergency loans with bad credits?
Lending platforms that connect you with direct lenders are the first options. But, other alternatives include credit unions, payday lenders, and traditional banks.
Meanwhile, bad-credit borrowers in an emergency should consider these options with utmost care. For example, payday loans come with a high APR. That’s why you should stay away from them unless it’s an emergency.
- How does an emergency loan affect credit score?
When you apply for an emergency loan, the lender may check your credit score. The credit check may show up on your credit report, which will drop the credit score for a brief time. That’s one way an emergency loan could affect your credit score.
Other than that, frequency/time of payment could also affect your credit score. Paying on time will improve your credit score. But, the lender must report on-time payments to credit bureaus. In the same vein, a lender might report late payments, which harms the credit score.
- How do you select an emergency loan?
Lenders look into your loan application from several angles. They look for information like pay stubs, bank statements, and credit reports. Furthermore, the lender may request more information. Thus, lenders can tailor a loan offer that minimizes their risks and still fit your situation.
Then as well, borrowers should research loan offers before making a decision. They should weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each loan offer they get. An emergency loan offer isn’t an exception.
Also, consider monthly installments, origination fees, loan duration, prequalification requirements, and deposit time. Use these points to compare between loan offers to find what works best for you. Even during an emergency, study these aspects to avoid making more debts in the future.
- How fast can you get an emergency loan?
Emergency loans are fast by necessity. In good times, you can find qualified lenders even if your credit history is low on points. Once approved, you’ll receive the loan in your bank account. From start to finish, the process usually takes 24 hours.
Furthermore, funding a loan may take a few days or weeks. It depends on factors like bank operation hours, holidays, and time of approval. As a rule, online lenders are faster than traditional lenders. It’s because the process is digital without physical obstacles. Not to mention, some online lenders will release the funds even faster than others.
- How can you prepare for a financial emergency?
People always discover the importance of an emergency fund after it’s too late. Therefore, the best way to prepare for a financial emergency is an emergency set funds aside. You never know when it’ll strike. So, preparation can shield you against all sorts of difficulties.
Start by setting aside 5-10% of your income in a savings account. Don’t touch that account unless it’s an emergency. Also, tracking your earnings and spendings can help you cut your needless expenses.
Next, develop your budgeting skills. Make an inventory list of your monthly bills, including gas, electricity, and internet. There are many free apps to help you do that. There are many ways to prepare, so keep educating yourself and take action on what you learn.
- What are the alternatives to emergency loans with bad credits?
Emergency loans provide a legal way to get quick money. But, they’re a heavy financial responsibility. So, you must make timely monthly payments. Don’t even apply for an emergency loan if you’re unsure how you’ll pay it back. Consider other alternatives. Think about credit union loans, negotiation payment with your creditor, or paycheck advances.
- How can you use an emergency loan?
In essence, an emergency loan is a credit product. You can use it for unplanned, sudden expenses when you’re low on cash. Furthermore, you can use them to make essential purchases. When you want to keep your credit debt low, emergency loans can be a viable alternative.
In conclusion, emergency loans with bad credits are more accessible than ever. Technology is advancing at a rapid pace, and the regulations will catch up with time. Lending platforms provide educational information for free. So, do your research before applying for an emergency loan.
Additionally, it is worthy of note that you shouldn’t jump right into an emergency loan every chance you get. As the name implies, the loan is meant to help you when you’re in an emergency and your back is pretty much against the wall. In those cases, you can take the loan and make a solid plan towards repayment to avoid further damaging your credit score. However, if you simply jump into it because you feel like it and you do not repay when it’s time, you’ll only be damaging your credit score and making it particularly difficult to get loans in future when you need it.
Nevertheless, if you are sure that you need an emergency loan with bad credit to help you get through the next couple of weeks, then we’ve recommended the best of the best in this article. You simply need to pick one and move forward with it. In that regard, we wish you godspeed.